Sunday, November 22, 2009

On The Beach

is consulting slang for between projects. I've really just been chillin in Dubai for the past couple weeks, doing some odd projects every now and then. Took some time to pretend I was a tourist and saw some Du-why things.

duwhy: adj. an ordinary object made superlative in dubai, for no obvious reason

A quintessential example of du-why is hearing that dubai just received the world record...for being the city with the most world records. yay...

My favorite example of du-why - the world's biggest aquarium glass viewing exhibit, at the Dubai Mall. (It was too big for my camera, these pics go side by side)

I was entranced for hours.

Also, you can pay to go scuba diving in it. I did not, because, in all seriousness, the store facing the aquarium glass viewing exhibit is the world's largest candy store!

*Disclaimer: I do not read huffpost. It was just in the search results.

If you want to read about other du-why objects, such as the world's largest pair of chopsticks, please click here. And rest assured that the GCC is wisely spending its energy revenues to spur diversified growth for when the oil runs out...

No comments:

Post a Comment