Thursday, January 14, 2010

Quality of Life Index

International Living Magazine came out with its Quality of Life Index last week, ranking 194 countries on cost of living, culture, comfort, security and a few other indicators. Below are a few selected entries:

1. France - apparently France is awesome. I think it's unemployment handouts alone account for this ranking
2. Australia
3. Switzerland
...
7. USA
The OECD fills out the top 25.

Then things get a bit more interesting:
140. North Korea
141. United Arab Emirates

Looks like I should go vacation in Pyongyang.

*This ranking is a bit skewed for my situation. I'm sure the UAE fell due to poor freedom indicators and human rights abuses, most of which don't apply to me (see previous posts "Justice Fail" and "Justice Fail II". My quality of life is actually pretty good right about now. Although I'm stressing about whether I'm going to spend tomorrow at the beach or the pool...

No comments:

Post a Comment