Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Furaya - From the Archives

Ah, there is nothing like starting a new case that leads me to procrastination. Perhaps it's the anticipation of helping a new client. Or the excitement of a new city to conquer. Most likely, it's the 3,000 pages of reading I just received and am expected to be an expert on by Sunday. In a natural millenial reaction, off to Facebook I go...

I realized I never chronicled my second trip to Lebanon in March. If I've seen you since the, I mostly likely raved about the country, and if I end up in this region after this fall, I may just move myself over there.

This time around, I went with a bunch of colleagues, and our first stop was a two-day ski trip to Furaya. Beirut is right on the Mediterranean, but the mountains don't waste any time in reaching respectable altitudes right outside the city limits. It reminds me a bit of British Columbia, with the mountains descending into the sea. The weekend was replete with more local beer and snowboarding in what turned out to be 75* weather. Apparently most of the laws of nature don't hold in the Middle East. Snow won't melt in Lebanon until Syria tells it to. (Too soon?)
Me boarding in swimtrunks and some members of my then-project team

No comments:

Post a Comment